Friday, March 2, 2007

I Made It Safe and Sound!

Well, here I am in New Zealand! After 26+ hours of travel, I made it to Wellington safe and sound, if not a little jet-lagged. We were greeted at the airport by a group of Maori high school students who welcomed us with dance and chanting as well as by our Rotary Wellington Hosts who are absolutely wonderful!
I am having a wonderful time so far, even though most of today has just been spent trying not to fall asleep - coffee has helped as has the excitement of being in this new and exciting part of the world in beautiful and friendly surroundings.


One highlight so far was traveling up the cable car to the Botanical gardens.

Here I am with Wellington City and the cable car in the background looking very tired, but let me assure you - I'm very happy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very happy that you arrived safe and sound! I miss you so much!

LUV!

Anonymous said...

I hope you going to learn how to do that Maori dance ;-) Glad you made it safely. I forgot to tell you to take melatonin to reduce jetlag,sorry. Keep up the blog...it's great.
Best, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Glad you're there safe and sound Veggie! Love the photo album, your home is beautiful. Now the important question...How's the food???

Take care, have fun!
<3 Vail

Walter said...

Helen - Great to see you've made it there. The high school welcoming committee doesn't look all that welcoming, but certainly cultural.

Have a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

Hey!! Glad you made it!! That one dancer on the back right side of the picture looks a bit scared of you....

-Tony T